Click for Belfast, United Kingdom Forecast

Sunday, September 24, 2006

 

Europe Wins

Today I understood the limits of my pan-European identity. After the Ryder Cup victory I realised that the UK can live with a Golfing Europe as opposed to a Federal Europe.

Keep your Euro, your pretend diplomatic service, your constitution and your stately ambitions all I want is a Europe of stroke play golfers. Hell, if the Turks can play let them join in!

I just want to know can we opt out of everything except the slacks and tank tops?

Comments:
Funny, watching it I commented to my brother that I'd be more enthusiastic if it was a UK team playing, it's just hard to get excited about a European team.

Aside from Darren Clarke, when the European team plays the States, I don't so much want to see Europe win as see the USA lose (not that that's not a powerful motivator right there).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed
Locations of visitors to this page
Verizon Wireless
Motorola Q