Click for Belfast, United Kingdom Forecast

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

Dennis Faul Dies

I was very sorry to hear of the death of Monsignor Dennis Faul. When I was chair of the UYUC I was invited to a debate at his school, St Patricks' Academy in Dungannon.

The audience was predominantly nationalist and in some quarters unfriendly. Throughout the entire day Dennis Faul was an exemplary host and fascinating company. Our obvious political differences did not prevent Monsignor Faul from extending a hand of friendship in order to promote a civilised exchange of ideas.

That was a level of courtesy that stood in sharp relief to the subsequent pro/ anti debate within the UUP.

Comments:
Never met him myself and I think I lost out.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
David

thanks for the heads up - correction made.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed
Locations of visitors to this page
Verizon Wireless
Motorola Q